1973 A Ford Falcon Mad Max Pursuit Special Interceptor
The Car: 1973 XB Ford Falcon Mad Max Pursuit Special Interceptor
Black Satin over Black Gloss (as per film)
Black w/ GT Armrests, Mad Max Apointments etc
4 Speed Ford Toploader
This car has some deep history in the hobby. Known as the "Last V8 to L.A." or sometimes the "Tim Allen Interceptor", many of the old school fans have been following this car since it hit USA soil and before. It gained the “Tim Allen Interceptor” nickname, because it is autographed by both Tim Allen and reportedly his mechanic. It is not clear if Tim Allen actually owned the car, or if it belonged to his mechanic. However both guys signed the dash during that time. Though it was not build by Mad Max Cars (being built originally by Grant & Gordon - well known Australian builders with much history themselves), the car came to the MMC shop for a list of upgrades and improvements during a refresh for the current owner.
Get a walk around of the car, hear it run, and get details about that work in this video here:
Since then the owner has added a bunch more cool stuff and upgrades. Here is a partial list:
- New tires
- New radiator hoses
- New brake lines
- Calipers refurbished
- New distributor
- New spark plugs and wires
- New optima battery
- Newly refurbished starter
As a Mad Max Pursuit Special / Interceptor replica, some of the built in fun:
- Right-hand drive Ford Falcon XB coupe.
- Working Police siren and PA system
- Roof mounted prop RVS Radio
- Dash mounted flashing blue police light
- Prop blower that turns on and off with the famous red switch, powered by Mad Max Cars' custom Blower Drive setup
- Zoomie exhaust pipes
- Spoilers, decals, body & fender flares, and screen correct paint scheme.
- Overhead RVS radio console Prop
A finished Pursuit Special Interceptor with a deep history and care kept lifespan. The car has a clean Texas title, and is located in Texas. Finished cars like this do not come available often and sell very quickly when they do. Grab this chance while you can to jump right into a Turn Key Interceptor replica!!!