Andy had us import this car for him, and also picked up the needed bits to build his replica.
We are impressed with how well his build came out, and how quickly he put it together!
AWESOME WORK ANDY!!!!
Here is a bit about his car in his own words:
"As you know I got the car and had imported it from Australia, with the help of the team at Mad Max Cars.
The car was in good shape with very little rust. I cut out all the rust that was there, and welded in New steel.
I stripped the car down to almost a bare shell. I went through the a engine and found it was in good shape.
I installed all new gaskets, seals, water pump, new cam gear drive, oil pump, oil pan, valve covers,
aluminium intake, 750com four barrel carb and new long tube headers. I thought the engine was a 302C but it
has 351 cast into the crank, so it's a 351 Cleveland. The transmission is a C4 and was totally
rebuilt to C6 aspect. The brake booster and master cylinder were rebuilt. It has all new brakes and all
new suspension and steering components. I found the correct blower with the swing arm tensioner, so I
snapped it up. I drive the blower with a V belt off the crank to a pulley on the tensioner, so the blower
is spinning all the time. I am going to change this to an on/off blower later. I would like to build a
motor and fit the Scott Superslott EFI fuel injection system that Mad Max Cars fitted on Andy's car, from Junkyard
Empire. It is all just a question of money how fast do you want to go!?!? The rear axle has all new seals
and brakes. I have got a lead on a 9 inch with LSD and disk brakes, which I will put in if I get it. On a
funny note, I found some Australian coins in the gas tank when I was cleaning it out. There was so much
mud under it, I kept a jar of it as this is the real wasteland. Now it was time to install the body kit.
I had not done anything like this before, but I thought what could possibly go wrong LOL. After some
advice from Mad Max Cars, and all the obligatory of sanding hat goes with any bodywork, it came out amazingly.
I tubed in the fenders so there are no gaps. I went with the steel hood and front fenders, then the car was painted
and it was time for assembly.
Some trim pieces were missing as they often are with these cars, mainly small stuff. I got most of the parts
from Australia, as many new parts as possible and many used parts. I was very lucky to get a GT gas cap.
The car has all new rubbers and seals, dash was reupholstered, max rob steering wheel was cleaned up and
a new heater core was installed. New after market bucket seats. I have door panels, but I always liked the
interior of the road warrior car, so I built a roll cage and basket shelf in the back. The car has movie
correct air horns and a siren. So with the help of Mad Max Cars, I built the car I always wanted. Taking the things I
like from both movies, I know it's not movie correct but it is my dream car. I still have a list of things I will
change later with the help of my new friends at Mad Max Cars. In the meantime, the car is complete and ready to have some fun.
So thanks again for all your help with the build."
FROM THE MAD MAX CARS TEAM: Another dream come true! Thats what makes this job so worth doing!!!